COVID-19, Emergency Office Protocol (4/29/2020)
Our priority is to make sure that you can have your eyes examined in a safe environment!
Cleaning, sterilization, and social distancing are at the forefront for our office and we are following CDC recommendations regarding these matters. As a result the following changes will be in place at our office:
- All patients and staff will be required to wear a mask.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for all patients.
- All appointments must be scheduled including glasses pickups and glasses repairs.
- Our doors will be locked and you will only be allowed to enter if you have an appointment.
- Only 1 person 18 and older will be allowed into our office. All other family members should wait in the car or stay at home.
- If the patient is under 18, one parent or caretaker will be allowed inside our office with them. All other family members should wait in the car or stay at home.
- Call 815-521-9950 when you arrive in our parking lot for your scheduled appointment. One of our staff members will ask you a series of questions and then open the door for you.
- All contact lens orders will be directly shipped to your home.
- All paperwork for your yearly exam will be filled out on our website under “Patient Forms”.
- If you have been exposed or been in contact with anyone that has COVID-19 in the last 2 weeks, we ask that you do not come in and reschedule your appointment.
- If you have traveled out of state in the last 2 weeks, we ask that you do not come in and reschedule your appointment.
- If you have experienced any of the following symptoms we ask that you do not come in and reschedule your appointment:
- Fever over 100.4◦
- Sore throat
- Muscle, body aches, or headaches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
These steps have been taken to ensure the safest environment possible for your family and ours!
How clear is your vision? Von Holten Eyecare is the leading provider of optometry services and vision care products in the Channahon community, and we want to help you achieve and maintain a clear vision for years to come. Our eye care facility will listen and care for your visual concerns. Serving you is very important to us. Thank you for doing your business locally!